2003-05-13 07:34:32

by Clemens Schwaighofer

Subject: Missing disc io stats in /proc/stat in 2.5.69?

2003-05-13 18:19:16

by Randy.Dunlap

Subject: Re: Missing disc io stats in /proc/stat in 2.5.69?

On Tue, 13 May 2003 16:47:15 +0900 Clemens Schwaighofer <[email protected]> wrote:

| just a more general question. Did the Disc IO stats disappear from
| /proc/stat in 2.5.69? Or do I have to activated them somehow?

They should show up under /sys/block/<dev> (after mounting
sysfs on /sys).

Rick, were you working on some docs for this?
or are some already available?

--
~Randy

2003-05-13 20:58:20

by Rick Lindsley

On Tue, 13 May 2003 16:47:15 +0900 Clemens Schwaighofer <[email protected]> wrote:

| just a more general question. Did the Disc IO stats disappear from
| /proc/stat in 2.5.69? Or do I have to activated them somehow?

They should show up under /sys/block/<dev> (after mounting
sysfs on /sys).

Rick, were you working on some docs for this?
or are some already available?

I was working at something for Documentation/ describing the fields,
but disk I/O stats disappeared from /proc/stat quite a while ago --
basically at the same time they appeared in sysfs.

Since apparently the interest in this trivia :) continues, I'll bump the
priority and submit a file for Documentation/ by the end of the week.
Clemens, if your need is urgent, drop me a line and I can send you a
less polished description sooner.

Rick

2003-05-13 23:43:31

by Andrew Morton

Clemens Schwaighofer <[email protected]> wrote:

> just a more general question. Did the Disc IO stats disappear from
> /proc/stat in 2.5.69? Or do I have to activated them somehow?

/proc/diskstats should be in its final form now. You'll have to make
guesses about what it contains pending Rick's penmanship.

2003-05-14 01:19:27

by Clemens Schwaighofer