2003-05-27 18:22:56

by Artemio

Subject: HELP: No framebuffer option in config

Hello.

I have a clean 2.4.20 kernel.

I run "make menuconfig" but I can't see the "Frame-buffer support" section in
"Console drivers" menu.

I can only compile the kernel without famebuffer support.It runs okay in text
mode, but you know why FB support is needed.

Yes, I copied all the sources from tarball. Tried several times.

I tried to insert the lines from a standard config that add framebuffer
support, but "make bzImage" returned an error at framebuffer font support.

Where did the frame-buffer section go?

What should I do to bring it back into config menu?

Thanks for any advise.

Artemio.

2003-05-27 18:31:47

by Artemio

Subject: Re: HELP: No framebuffer option in config

Hello!

> please do this:
>
> 1. make menuconfig
> 2. Code maturity level options --->
> 3. [*] Prompt for development and/or incomplete code/drivers
>
> after selecting 3rd, you should see it in: "Console drivers"

THANKS!

Man, I should have guessed...

Good luck!

Artemio.

2003-05-27 18:29:58

by Marc-Christian Petersen

On Tuesday 27 May 2003 20:30, Artemio wrote:

Hi Artemio,

> Hello.
>
> I have a clean 2.4.20 kernel.
> I run "make menuconfig" but I can't see the "Frame-buffer support" section
> in "Console drivers" menu.
please do this:

1. make menuconfig
2. Code maturity level options --->
3. [*] Prompt for development and/or incomplete code/drivers

after selecting 3rd, you should see it in: "Console drivers"

> What should I do to bring it back into config menu?
please read above ;)

ciao, Marc