2003-06-04 17:37:53

by Maciej Babinski

Subject: orinoco_cs module removal problem

I just switched from 2.5.68 to 2.5.70, and I'm having trouble removing
the orinoco_cs module on the fly. After bringing the interface down,
doing an "rmmod orinoco_cs" causes the rmmod process to lock up, and
subseqeunt invocations of lsmod and 'cat /proc/modules' to do the same.
I get a bunch of messages like the following in the kernel log:

"unregister_netdevice: waiting for eth2 to become free. Usage count = 1

However, eth2, the orinoco device, no longer exists (it's not listed
in /proc/net/dev).

Maciej Babinski

2003-06-04 18:13:17

by John M Flinchbaugh

Subject: Re: orinoco_cs module removal problem

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 12:51:21PM -0500, Maciej wrote:
> I just switched from 2.5.68 to 2.5.70, and I'm having trouble removing
> the orinoco_cs module on the fly. After bringing the interface down,
> doing an "rmmod orinoco_cs" causes the rmmod process to lock up, and
> subseqeunt invocations of lsmod and 'cat /proc/modules' to do the
same.
> I get a bunch of messages like the following in the kernel log:
> "unregister_netdevice: waiting for eth2 to become free. Usage count =
1
> However, eth2, the orinoco device, no longer exists (it's not listed
> in /proc/net/dev).

i've seen this also with my orinoco_cs and my 3c574_cs.
--
| [email protected] http://www.hjsoft.com/~glynis/ |