2003-06-16 15:28:35

by John M Flinchbaugh

Subject: 2.5.71: unregister_netdevice for 3c574_cs and orinoco_cs

reportedly this should have been fixed for orinoco_cs, but i'm still
seeing it with both my cards. whenever i try to shutdown pcmcia, thus
rmmod the respective network device modules, i get this message
looping.

i think my pcmcia shutdown does manage to kind of give up on it and
continue most the time and shutdown, but this really does not lend
well to hotswapping these devices since they essentially can't be
reinserted after eject. i've been seeing this problem for a while
with previous 2.5 kernels. thanks.

unregister_netdevice: waiting for eth1 to become free. Usage count = 1
--
| [email protected] http://www.hjsoft.com/~glynis/ |