2003-07-06 12:59:23

by Brad Chapman

Subject: Confusion regarding the 2.4 prepatches and snapshots

Hi!

I just noticed that hpa now has a link to a set of 2.4 BitKeeper
snapshots, just below the link to the 2.4 prepatches. I would just like
to know why snapshots _and_ prepatches are both being provided ATST,
and what both sets of kernel patches contain respective to each other.

TIA,

Brad Chapman

http://sbc.yahoo.com

2003-07-06 14:09:41

by Marcelo Tosatti

On Sun, 6 Jul 2003, Brad Chapman wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I just noticed that hpa now has a link to a set of 2.4 BitKeeper
> snapshots, just below the link to the 2.4 prepatches. I would just like
> to know why snapshots _and_ prepatches are both being provided ATST,
> and what both sets of kernel patches contain respective to each other.

2.4-bk are daily snapshots generated automatically from "current" BK tree.

It makes the testing process easier for people who are using the latest
2.4 code.

-pre's are released by me.

Both of them are generated from the same tree, its just the timing that
changes.