2003-07-15 20:31:59

by folkert

Subject: v2.6.0-test1 - no keyboard/mouse

Ehrm, hello? Has this list became silent suddenly?
Anyway: I just tried 2.6.0-test1 on my celeron. Boots up flawlessly. Rather
quick and all. X boots up, all fine.
Only one minor problem: the keyboard and the mouse do not work.
I *have* included input-core, etc.:
CONFIG_INPUT=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_PSAUX=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_SCREEN_X=1024
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_SCREEN_Y=768
CONFIG_INPUT_EVDEV=y
CONFIG_INPUT_KEYBOARD=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSE=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MISC=y
CONFIG_INPUT_PCSPKR=y
CONFIG_INPUT_UINPUT=y
Anyone got a suggestion?
You'll find the complete .config at vanheusden.com/config260 (not
attached to reduce unneccessary traffic).

Folkert van Heusden

p.s. please CC me: I'm not sure if I'm still on this list or not

| UNIX sysop? Then give MultiTail ( http://www.vanheusden.com/multitail/ ) |
| a try, it brings monitoring logfiles (and such) to a different level! |
+---------------------------------------------------= http://www.vanheusden.com =-+

2003-07-15 21:21:40

by Dave Jones

Subject: Re: v2.6.0-test1 - no keyboard/mouse

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 10:46:57PM +0200, Folkert van Heusden wrote:
> Ehrm, hello? Has this list became silent suddenly?
> Anyway: I just tried 2.6.0-test1 on my celeron. Boots up flawlessly. Rather
> quick and all. X boots up, all fine.
> Only one minor problem: the keyboard and the mouse do not work.
> I *have* included input-core, etc.:
> CONFIG_INPUT=y
> CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV=y
> CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_PSAUX=y
> CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_SCREEN_X=1024
> CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_SCREEN_Y=768
> CONFIG_INPUT_EVDEV=y
> CONFIG_INPUT_KEYBOARD=y
> CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSE=y
> CONFIG_INPUT_MISC=y
> CONFIG_INPUT_PCSPKR=y
> CONFIG_INPUT_UINPUT=y

Here's your problem.. (or one of them at least)..

# CONFIG_SERIO is not set

You're likely also missing a CONFIG_KEYBOARD_ATKBD=y
but that will probably appear when CONFIG_SERIO=y
along with PS2 mouse.

Dave

2003-07-15 21:42:40

by Felipe Alfaro Solana

On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 22:46, Folkert van Heusden wrote:
> Ehrm, hello? Has this list became silent suddenly?
> Anyway: I just tried 2.6.0-test1 on my celeron. Boots up flawlessly. Rather
> quick and all. X boots up, all fine.
> Only one minor problem: the keyboard and the mouse do not work.
> I *have* included input-core, etc.:
> CONFIG_INPUT=y
> CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV=y
> CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_PSAUX=y
> CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_SCREEN_X=1024
> CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_SCREEN_Y=768
> CONFIG_INPUT_EVDEV=y
> CONFIG_INPUT_KEYBOARD=y
> CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSE=y
> CONFIG_INPUT_MISC=y
> CONFIG_INPUT_PCSPKR=y
> CONFIG_INPUT_UINPUT=y

I can't think of anything except CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE. Is it set to "y"?

2003-07-15 22:09:22

by Antonio Vargas

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 11:57:26PM +0200, Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 22:46, Folkert van Heusden wrote:
> > Ehrm, hello? Has this list became silent suddenly?
> > Anyway: I just tried 2.6.0-test1 on my celeron. Boots up flawlessly. Rather
> > quick and all. X boots up, all fine.
> > Only one minor problem: the keyboard and the mouse do not work.
> > I *have* included input-core, etc.:
> > CONFIG_INPUT=y
> > CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV=y
> > CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_PSAUX=y
> > CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_SCREEN_X=1024
> > CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_SCREEN_Y=768
> > CONFIG_INPUT_EVDEV=y
> > CONFIG_INPUT_KEYBOARD=y
> > CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSE=y
> > CONFIG_INPUT_MISC=y
> > CONFIG_INPUT_PCSPKR=y
> > CONFIG_INPUT_UINPUT=y
>
> I can't think of anything except CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE. Is it set to "y"?

what about setting these usual switches to default "y"?
It would cut a lot of problems at the first encounters
with the latest kernel.

Greets, Antonio.

--
In fact, this is all you need to know to be
a Caveman Database Programmer:

A relational database is a big spreadsheet
that several people can update simultaneously.

2003-07-17 18:09:11

by folkert

Never mind, got it solved. It seems you have to check quiet a few things to
get basic things like keyboards to work and such. Maybe the
configuration-thing should emit a warning when basic things like
keyboard/console-on-whatever are omitted. Just a warning.

On Tuesday 15 July 2003 23:03, you wrote:
> dmesg?
>

> On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, Folkert van Heusden wrote:
> > Ehrm, hello? Has this list became silent suddenly?
> > Anyway: I just tried 2.6.0-test1 on my celeron. Boots up flawlessly.
> > Rather quick and all. X boots up, all fine.
> > Only one minor problem: the keyboard and the mouse do not work.
> > I *have* included input-core, etc.:
> > CONFIG_INPUT=y
> > CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV=y
> > CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_PSAUX=y
> > CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_SCREEN_X=1024
> > CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_SCREEN_Y=768
> > CONFIG_INPUT_EVDEV=y
> > CONFIG_INPUT_KEYBOARD=y
> > CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSE=y
> > CONFIG_INPUT_MISC=y
> > CONFIG_INPUT_PCSPKR=y
> > CONFIG_INPUT_UINPUT=y
> > Anyone got a suggestion?
> > You'll find the complete .config at vanheusden.com/config260 (not
> > attached to reduce unneccessary traffic).
> >

> > Folkert van Heusden
> >
> > p.s. please CC me: I'm not sure if I'm still on this list or not
> >
> > To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel"
> > in the body of a message to [email protected]

Folkert van Heusden