2003-07-17 16:18:34

by Patrick Plattes

Subject: rivafb problem (2.6.0-test1)

hello,

i have some problems with the rivafb. it compiles fine, but it displays
not correct. it is hard to describe - especially in english ;).

actually i have cursor - it looks like an underlined 'P'. if i try to
switch to an other hsync changed to 120hz. if i try to use x it works
fine (ok, i can't switch back to the console).

i don't have any interesting outputs in the messages log. you can find
my actual .config at http://www.erdbeere.net/.config . if you need any
screenshots i will try to find my digi-cam.

thanks,
patrick

Attachments:
(No filename) (530.00 B)
(No filename) (189.00 B)

by Patrick Plattes

Subject: Re: rivafb problem (2.6.0-test1)

i'm sorry, my card is a geforce ddr 32mb

thanks,
patrick

--
Das ggf. ang?ngende Attachment ist eine Signatur, erstellt mit GnuPG, die es
erm?glicht die Korrektheit des Absenders zu best?tigen (http://www.gnupg.org).

Attachments:
(No filename) (982.00 B)
(No filename) (189.00 B)

by James Simmons

> actually i have cursor - it looks like an underlined 'P'. if i try to
> switch to an other hsync changed to 120hz.

Its a bug in the cursor code. I have been working on it for the last few
days.

> if i try to use x it works
> fine (ok, i can't switch back to the console).

That is not fine. Did you add Option "UseFBDev" to your XF86Config. That
should help with that problem.