2003-07-19 19:41:33

by walter harms

Subject: bug alpha configure linux-2.6.0-test1

hi ppl
i tried the new linux-2.6.0-test1 with my alpha and the
config says:

./scripts/kconfig/mconf arch/alpha/Kconfig
boolean symbol BINFMT_ZFLAT tested for 'm'? test forced to 'n'
#
# using defaults found in arch/alpha/defconfig
#
arch/alpha/defconfig:244: trying to assign nonexistent symbol SCSI_NCR53C8XX

hope that helps
walter

2003-07-20 01:52:41

by Eugene Teo

Subject: Re: bug alpha configure linux-2.6.0-test1

Perhaps you might want to first copy your dotconfig
to /path/to/linux-version/ then run make menuconfig,
then save it, then compile it.

> boolean symbol BINFMT_ZFLAT tested for 'm'? test forced to 'n'

This means that it is a new boolean symbol that your
config don't have.

> arch/alpha/defconfig:244: trying to assign nonexistent symbol SCSI_NCR53C8XX

I believe this is a symbol that exists in your config
but the kernel doesn't have this in the menu anymore.

Eugene

> hope that helps
> walter
> -

by Adrian Bunk

On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 10:07:34AM +0800, Eugene Teo wrote:
> Perhaps you might want to first copy your dotconfig
> to /path/to/linux-version/ then run make menuconfig,
> then save it, then compile it.
>
> > boolean symbol BINFMT_ZFLAT tested for 'm'? test forced to 'n'
>
> This means that it is a new boolean symbol that your
> config don't have.

Nope, there is a bug (a Kconfig rule tried to assign m to a boolean
symbol). Matthew Wilcox already posted a fix.

> > arch/alpha/defconfig:244: trying to assign nonexistent symbol SCSI_NCR53C8XX
>
> I believe this is a symbol that exists in your config
> but the kernel doesn't have this in the menu anymore.

It exists in _defconfig_.

defconfig in the kernel sources should be updated. Besides the warning
this issue is harmless.

> Eugene

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed

2003-07-29 15:48:19

by Oliver Falk

Hi Walter!

> i tried the new linux-2.6.0-test1 with my alpha and the
> config says:
>
> ./scripts/kconfig/mconf arch/alpha/Kconfig
> boolean symbol BINFMT_ZFLAT tested for 'm'? test forced to 'n'
> #
> # using defaults found in arch/alpha/defconfig
> #
> arch/alpha/defconfig:244: trying to assign nonexistent symbol
> SCSI_NCR53C8XX

You are still hanging around with -test1? :) Give -test2 a try! It runs's great for me, but -test1 did also... But we talk about this already...

Best regards,
Oliver

2003-07-30 12:11:34

by Jan-Benedict Glaw

On Tue, 2003-07-29 17:46:05 +0200, Oliver Pitzeier <[email protected]>
wrote in message <[email protected]>:
> Hi Walter!
> > arch/alpha/defconfig:244: trying to assign nonexistent symbol
> > SCSI_NCR53C8XX
>
> You are still hanging around with -test1? :) Give -test2 a try! It runs's great for me, but -test1 did also... But we talk about this already...

-test1 didn't compile for me (asm/local.h missing IIRC), but indeed,
-test2 works quite well on my NoName.

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw [email protected] . +49-172-7608481
"Eine Freie Meinung in einem Freien Kopf | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg

Attachments:
(No filename) (815.00 B)
(No filename) (189.00 B)
Download all attachments