2003-07-22 00:57:35

by christophe barbe

Subject: ext3 oops

This morning I got two oopses apparently caused by ext3.
This box has been really stable in the past and was upgraded recently to
vanilla 2.4.21 (two weeks ago).
After the oopses I was able to log in (ssh) the box as a normal user but
not as root and most commands locked (all commands I tested) I guess
when trying to use the fs. At the beginning apache was still serving
pages properly.

I checked marcelo's changelog and did not see ext3 related bug fix
(except quota related ones, I don't use quota on this box)

I attach the two decoded oops and the config, please tell me if you need
more info,

Christophe
--
Christophe Barbe <[email protected]>
GnuPG FingerPrint: E0F6 FADF 2A5C F072 6AF8 F67A 8F45 2F1E D72C B41E

Attachments:
oops1-decoded.txt (1.88 kB)
oops2-decoded.txt (1.88 kB)
config-2.4.21 (23.18 kB)

by christophe barbe

Subject: ext3 oops with 2.4.21 [Was: ext3 oops]

I should have specified that it was with a vanilla 2.4.21 in the title.

Christophe

--
Christophe Barb? <[email protected]>
GnuPG FingerPrint: E0F6 FADF 2A5C F072 6AF8 F67A 8F45 2F1E D72C B41E

Cats are intented to teach us that not everything in nature has a
function. --Garrison Keillor