2003-07-24 08:48:08

by ffrederick

Subject: [KernelServer] Complete page : samples, patchs ...

Hi!

I had so many feedback for KernelServer that I decided to make a small page with screenshots, download, patchs :

All is available from here:
http://fabian.unixtech.be/kernel/ks.html

Regards,
Fabian

___________________________________

2003-07-24 09:00:55

by Alex Riesen

Subject: Re: [KernelServer] Complete page : samples, patchs ...

[email protected], Thu, Jul 24, 2003 11:30:03 +0200:
> I had so many feedback for KernelServer that I decided to make a small page with screenshots, download, patchs :
>
> All is available from here:
> http://fabian.unixtech.be/kernel/ks.html

http://fabian.unixtech.be/kernel/menu=109

... 404 File Not Found
The requested URL was not found on the server.

Document not found : fabian.unixtech.be/kernel/menu=109
Referer : http://fabian.unixtech.be/kernel/kso1.html
Source host : ...
Local Server date: Thursday, 24-Jul-2003 11:15:05 CEST

2003-07-24 09:14:32

by Alex Riesen

Frederick, Fabian, Thu, Jul 24, 2003 11:27:49 +0200:
> Alexander,
>
> Indeed, html 'screenshot' page is just a copy of one of the pages
> generated by KernelServer.So you have the idea of what it looks like in
> _real_ (I'll add a notice thanks :) ).
>
> You have to run KS on your box to have the full server running !
> with hundred menus and 2000 configs online.

just noticed :)

2003-07-24 09:12:43

by Frederick, Fabian

Alexander,

Indeed, html 'screenshot' page is just a copy of one of the pages
generated by KernelServer.So you have the idea of what it looks like in
_real_ (I'll add a notice thanks :) ).

You have to run KS on your box to have the full server running !
with hundred menus and 2000 configs online.

Regards,
Fabian

[email protected], Thu, Jul 24, 2003 11:30:03 +0200:
> I had so many feedback for KernelServer that I decided to make a small
page with screenshots, download, patchs :

> All is available from here:
> http://fabian.unixtech.be/kernel/ks.html

http://fabian.unixtech.be/kernel/menu=109

... 404 File Not Found
The requested URL was not found on the server.

Document not found : fabian.unixtech.be/kernel/menu=109
Referer : http://fabian.unixtech.be/kernel/kso1.html
Source host : ...
Local Server date: Thursday, 24-Jul-2003 11:15:05 CEST

2003-07-24 09:31:52

by Frederick, Fabian

Frederick, Fabian, Thu, Jul 24, 2003 11:27:49 +0200:
> Alexander,
>
> Indeed, html 'screenshot' page is just a copy of one of the pages
> generated by KernelServer.So you have the idea of what it looks like in
> _real_ (I'll add a notice thanks :) ).
>
> You have to run KS on your box to have the full server running !
> with hundred menus and 2000 configs online.

just noticed :)

<IMHO, it's _very_ helpful in some cases:
< -You have a server without X, gtk ....
< -You don't have lib curses ...
< -You're bored by console
< -You want to amaze your friends :)
<It runs in just one 20K file directly in kernel tree.
<I never seen a box running without Perl, so ...
<In general, it's a new face lift.Linux needs this one IMHO.
<btw, it uses Kconfig standard, so nothing, really nothing more
<is needed than wconf.pl

<Once more the link to it :
http://fabian.unixtech.be/kernel/ks.html