2003-07-27 17:26:10

by Martin Loschwitz

Subject: Problems with Linux 2.6.0-test1-bk3 regarding ACPI

Hello folks,

I am experiencing an unexpected problem with Linux 2.6.0-test1-bk3 on
my Acer TravelMate 800LCi Centrino Notebook (Intel 855PM, Pentim M at
1.3GHz). It appears ACPI loads fine at boot time but after I logged in,
there is no /proc/acpi/sleep which is necessary to send the notebook
into sleep state and the like. Is this maybe a known problem is a fix
for it available somewhere? If you need other information like the
dmesg output or something else, let me know please.

--
.''`. Martin Loschwitz Debian GNU/Linux developer
: :' : [email protected] [email protected]

Attachments:
(No filename) (742.00 B)
(No filename) (189.00 B)

by Martin Loschwitz

On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 07:41:08PM +0200, Martin Loschwitz wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I am experiencing an unexpected problem with Linux 2.6.0-test1-bk3 on
> my Acer TravelMate 800LCi Centrino Notebook (Intel 855PM, Pentim M at
> 1.3GHz). It appears ACPI loads fine at boot time but after I logged in,
> there is no /proc/acpi/sleep which is necessary to send the notebook
> into sleep state and the like. Is this maybe a known problem is a fix
> for it available somewhere? If you need other information like the
> dmesg output or something else, let me know please.

Uh, it appears I ran into the problem that ACPI sleep states need software
suspend to be enabled. After enabling swsusp, I was able to enable the
"Sleep states". Since I can't see how these two things are related to each
other, I guess they should be changed to be independent.

--
.''`. Martin Loschwitz Debian GNU/Linux developer
: :' : [email protected] [email protected]
`. `'` http://www.madkiss.org/ people.debian.org/~madkiss/
`- Use Debian GNU/Linux 3.0! See http://www.debian.org/

Attachments:
(No filename) (1.08 kB)