2003-09-01 18:49:05

by Marc Singer

Subject: PROBLEM: disabling USB host-to-host interfaces causes kernel compile-time error

Kernel source: 2.6.0-test4

I'm attaching a .config that shows this. If I have USB enabled but
have removed all of the USB host-to-host options, I get this error

CC [M] drivers/usb/net/usbnet.o
drivers/usb/net/usbnet.c:2640: #error You need to configure some hardware for this driver
drivers/usb/net/usbnet.c:321: warning: `always_connected' defined but not used

Adding CONFIG_USB_AN2720, for example, eliminates the error.

Attachments:
(No filename) (431.00 B)
.config (28.76 kB)

by Greg KH

On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 11:48:23AM -0700, Marc Singer wrote:
> Kernel source: 2.6.0-test4
>
> I'm attaching a .config that shows this. If I have USB enabled but
> have removed all of the USB host-to-host options, I get this error
>
> CC [M] drivers/usb/net/usbnet.o
> drivers/usb/net/usbnet.c:2640: #error You need to configure some hardware for this driver
> drivers/usb/net/usbnet.c:321: warning: `always_connected' defined but not used
>
> Adding CONFIG_USB_AN2720, for example, eliminates the error.

Mind posting this on the linux-usb-devel mailing list and possibly ccing
the usbnet author and maintainer so they have a chance to fix this?

thanks,

greg k-h