2003-09-11 23:50:20

by Joao Seabra

Subject: Yet another query about sis963

Hi

Could someone enlight me about the support of this chipset in 2.4 series?
I've read some posts about it, dating from not long time ago and since im
planning to buy an asus l5800c with that chipset i would like to know if
linux is going to work in it or not.
I have seen other problems with sis (such as graphics not (quite) working in
linux) and i think im going to buy other laptop that doesnt use sis....
(toshiba maybe...)

Thanks for your kindness,

Jo?o Seabra

2003-09-12 00:23:37

by Davide Libenzi

Subject: Re: Yet another query about sis963

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, [iso-8859-15] Jo?o Seabra wrote:

> Hi
>
> Could someone enlight me about the support of this chipset in 2.4 series?
> I've read some posts about it, dating from not long time ago and since im
> planning to buy an asus l5800c with that chipset i would like to know if
> linux is going to work in it or not.
> I have seen other problems with sis (such as graphics not (quite) working in
> linux) and i think im going to buy other laptop that doesnt use sis....
> (toshiba maybe...)

I don't know if Alan did actually fix the thing. Here you can find the IRQ
routing patches :

http://www.xmailserver.org/linux-patches/misc.html#SiSRt

This is for X :

http://www.winischhofer.net/linuxsis630.shtml

- Davide

2003-09-12 00:53:17

by Alan

On Gwe, 2003-09-12 at 01:18, Davide Libenzi wrote:
> I don't know if Alan did actually fix the thing. Here you can find the IRQ
> routing patches :

Yes I rewrote the PCI IRQ routing code to fix this, the 440GX and some
other bits and make it a lot smaller and mostly __init code. Its in
2.4.23pre