2003-09-13 23:06:59

by Philip Clark

Subject: PCMCIA in 2.6.0-test5

Does anyone know of problems with pcmcia in test5? When I moved from
test4 -> test5 there are now problems and I get "no sockets found"
messages when I try to start pcmcia. If I do lspci then it detects the
cardbus bridge no problem. Is anyone out there having similar problems?

Cheers

-Phil

2003-09-13 23:15:43

by Russell King

Subject: Re: PCMCIA in 2.6.0-test5

On Sat, Sep 13, 2003 at 04:06:56PM -0700, Philip Clark wrote:
> Does anyone know of problems with pcmcia in test5? When I moved from
> test4 -> test5 there are now problems and I get "no sockets found"
> messages when I try to start pcmcia. If I do lspci then it detects the
> cardbus bridge no problem. Is anyone out there having similar problems?

Please provide a full bug report - this isn't a known problem.

(Description of hardware, lspci -vv output, full kernel messages from boot
through to loading of pcmcia modules, kernel configuration, etc)

--
Russell King ([email protected]) http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/personal/
Linux kernel maintainer of:

2003-09-14 03:44:18

by Felipe Alfaro Solana

On Sun, 2003-09-14 at 01:06, Philip Clark wrote:
> Does anyone know of problems with pcmcia in test5? When I moved from
> test4 -> test5 there are now problems and I get "no sockets found"
> messages when I try to start pcmcia. If I do lspci then it detects the
> cardbus bridge no problem. Is anyone out there having similar problems?

Have you tried with the latest -bk snapshot? I had problems with PCMCIA
on my laptop that have been resolved in -bk3.

2003-09-14 08:10:58

by Russell King

On Sat, Sep 13, 2003 at 04:54:08PM -0700, Philip Clark wrote:
> I am running a Dell Latitude CpiA 366XT with a Texas instruments cardbus
> controller. I have attached the full details. The lspci -vv output,
> dmesg output and my kernel configuration.
>
> Seems like the card services are just not working in test5.

You're building yenta as a module - are you sure your init scripts are

Russell King ([email protected]) http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/personal/
Linux kernel maintainer of:
2.6 ARM Linux - http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/
2.6 PCMCIA - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/
2.6 Serial core

2003-09-14 20:18:46

by Philip Clark

Hi Russell,

That was the problem, stupidly I had it compiled as module and somehow
it wasn't getting loaded. Once I compiled it into the kernel it seems to
work now so far.

Also the problem in test4 where the wireless card was being detected as
a memory card seems to have fixed now :)

Thanks a lot

-Phil