2003-09-15 23:53:56

by jjluza

Subject: test5-mm2: Unknown symbol when modprobe atm

I try to make test5-mm2 work on my gateway
I need to load module atm and pppoatm
these 2 modules return errors when I modprobe them.
dmesg says :
atm: Unknown symbol try_atm_clip_ops
pppoatm: Unknown symbol pppoatm_ioctl_set

2003-09-16 02:31:59

by Andrew Morton

Subject: Re: test5-mm2: Unknown symbol when modprobe atm

jjluza <[email protected]> wrote:

> I try to make test5-mm2 work on my gateway
> I need to load module atm and pppoatm
> these 2 modules return errors when I modprobe them.
> dmesg says :
> atm: Unknown symbol try_atm_clip_ops
> pppoatm: Unknown symbol pppoatm_ioctl_set

Please send your .config

2003-09-16 03:04:26

by jjluza

Le Mardi 16 Septembre 2003 04:32, vous avez ?crit :
> jjluza <[email protected]> wrote:
> > I try to make test5-mm2 work on my gateway
> > I need to load module atm and pppoatm
> > these 2 modules return errors when I modprobe them.
> > dmesg says :
> > atm: Unknown symbol try_atm_clip_ops
> > pppoatm: Unknown symbol pppoatm_ioctl_set
>
> Please send your .config

sure, see attachment.

Attachments:
(No filename) (392.00 B)
.config (21.63 kB)

by jjluza

Le Mardi 16 Septembre 2003 04:32, vous avez ?crit :
> jjluza <[email protected]> wrote:
> > I try to make test5-mm2 work on my gateway
> > I need to load module atm and pppoatm
> > these 2 modules return errors when I modprobe them.
> > dmesg says :
> > atm: Unknown symbol try_atm_clip_ops
> > pppoatm: Unknown symbol pppoatm_ioctl_set

maybe I forgot a module because of a missing dependancy ?

2003-09-18 03:35:57

by jjluza

Le Mardi 16 Septembre 2003 04:32, vous avez ?crit :
> jjluza <[email protected]> wrote:
> > I try to make test5-mm2 work on my gateway
> > I need to load module atm and pppoatm
> > these 2 modules return errors when I modprobe them.
> > dmesg says :
> > atm: Unknown symbol try_atm_clip_ops
> > pppoatm: Unknown symbol pppoatm_ioctl_set
>
> Please send your .config

I've just retried after adding some others modules and it works now. So it
seems that some module dependencies are missing.
The most important seems to be :
CONFIG_ATM_CLIP

look at the attachment for the new .config

Attachments:
(No filename) (591.00 B)
.config (21.68 kB)
Download all attachments