2003-09-15 12:34:35

by Bernhard Rosenkraenzer

Subject: 2.4.23-pre4-pac1

$SUBJECT is ready and can be downloaded at

http://www.arklinux.org/~bero/kernel/patch-2.4.23-pre4-pac1.bz2
GPG sig: http://www.arklinux.org/~bero/kernel/patch-2.4.23-pre4-pac1.bz2.asc

Changes:
- Port to 2.4.23-pre4
- Fix build of SATA drivers
- Fix Config.in bug that prevented SATA drivers from being compiled with
modular SCSI
- Sync DRI with xf86 tree, add ATI IGP support
- Fix taking down network devices (Patch from Jeff Garzik on LKML)
- Fix compilation of atyfb with GENERIC_LCD enabled
["It compiles, therefore it works(tm)" due to lack of hardware for
testing]

--
Ark Linux - Linux for the masses
http://www.arklinux.org/

Redistribution and processing of this message is subject to
http://www.arklinux.org/terms.php

2003-09-15 14:51:43

by edouardino

Subject: Re: 2.4.23-pre4-pac1

Hi,

Could you send me the Device Mapper patch you used ?
Or could you make -pac available as splitted patches too ?
I fact I'd like to use a recent dm.

Thanks in advance.

--
E.

2003-09-15 22:35:45

by Alan

On Llu, 2003-09-15 at 15:51, [email protected] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could you send me the Device Mapper patch you used ?
> Or could you make -pac available as splitted patches too ?
> I fact I'd like to use a recent dm.

Its the bits in drivers/md and include/linux/dm* - easy to split out.
It is quite old. The Sistina guys have been promising me an update for
some time but I guess 2.6 is far more important

2003-09-16 23:35:42

by Erik Tews

On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 11:34:14PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Llu, 2003-09-15 at 15:51, [email protected] wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Could you send me the Device Mapper patch you used ?
> > Or could you make -pac available as splitted patches too ?
> > I fact I'd like to use a recent dm.
>
> Its the bits in drivers/md and include/linux/dm* - easy to split out.
> It is quite old. The Sistina guys have been promising me an update for
> some time but I guess 2.6 is far more important

The latest version I know about is at:

http://people.sistina.com/~thornber/patches/2.4-stable/2.4.22/

2003-09-17 01:09:42

by edouardino

[email protected] (Erik Tews) writes:

>> > Could you send me the Device Mapper patch you used ?
>> > Or could you make -pac available as splitted patches too ?
>> > I fact I'd like to use a recent dm.
>> Its the bits in drivers/md and include/linux/dm* - easy to split out.
>> It is quite old. The Sistina guys have been promising me an update for
>> some time but I guess 2.6 is far more important
> The latest version I know about is at:
> http://people.sistina.com/~thornber/patches/2.4-stable/2.4.22/

yep, but it doesn't apply to 2.4.23-pre4.
I was told it's going to be fixed soonish :-)

--
E.

2003-09-17 12:16:17

by Bernhard Rosenkraenzer

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 [email protected] wrote:

> > The latest version I know about is at:
> > http://people.sistina.com/~thornber/patches/2.4-stable/2.4.22/
>
> yep, but it doesn't apply to 2.4.23-pre4.
> I was told it's going to be fixed soonish :-)

I've fixed it up and added it to 2.4.23-pre4-pac2

LLaP
bero

--
Ark Linux - Linux for the masses
http://www.arklinux.org/

Redistribution and processing of this message is subject to
http://www.arklinux.org/terms.php

2003-09-18 18:21:46

by Herbert Poetzl

On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 04:51:38PM +0200, [email protected] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Could you send me the Device Mapper patch you used ?
> Or could you make -pac available as splitted patches too ?
> I fact I'd like to use a recent dm.

a splitted up version would be
apreciated ...

TIA,