2003-09-22 08:26:07

by Ricardo Galli

Subject: Synaptics bk8 + patches

Peter,
I just tried your last patches at http://w1.894.telia.com/~u89404340/
patches/touchpad/2.6.0-test5-bk8/v1/.

They not only gives the sync's error:

Synaptics driver lost sync at 4th byte
Synaptics driver lost sync at 1st byte
Synaptics driver resynced.
Synaptics driver lost sync at 1st byte
Synaptics driver resynced.

but also the pointer is almost uncontrollable.

The pointer's response is not coherent, mainly the speed. Sometimes is
slower, other faster, sometimes the mouse even doesn't move, especially
in the y axis.

Also, most of the time a tap is considered a very short drag.

Cheers.

--
ricardo galli GPG id C8114D34
http://mnm.uib.es/~gallir/

2003-09-23 17:03:54

by Peter Osterlund

Subject: Re: Synaptics bk8 + patches

Ricardo Galli <[email protected]> writes:

> Peter,
> I just tried your last patches at http://w1.894.telia.com/~u89404340/
> patches/touchpad/2.6.0-test5-bk8/v1/.
>
> They not only gives the sync's error:
>
> Synaptics driver lost sync at 4th byte
> Synaptics driver lost sync at 1st byte
> Synaptics driver resynced.
> but also the pointer is almost uncontrollable.
>
> The pointer's response is not coherent, mainly the speed. Sometimes is
> slower, other faster, sometimes the mouse even doesn't move, especially
> in the y axis.
>
> Also, most of the time a tap is considered a very short drag.

1. I don't know what's causing the lost sync errors. Someone else
reported that disabling ACPI helped on his computer.

2. Don't apply patch #4 from my web site. It changes the event
protocol and requires user space changes that I haven't implemented
yet.

--
Peter Osterlund - [email protected]
http://w1.894.telia.com/~u89404340