2003-11-02 10:52:35

by [DaRk]

Subject: 2.6.0test8 Pentium4 Scaling

I have enabled cpu scaling feature on my p4 but it doesn't run !!!
If i enable old /proc/sys/cpu i found a directory 0 and in three files:
speed
speed-max
speed-min
All set to 0 !
What i can do ? The test9 resolv this problem ?
THANKS

Stefano Cadario

Sponsor:
Al Garden Center Peraga fioriscono nuove iniziative: ecco i Tour Day Peraga, per andare alla scoperta del Canavese! INFO 0125 665500
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=1613&d=2-11

2003-11-02 11:10:19

by Szymon Acedański

Subject: Re: 2.6.0test8 Pentium4 Scaling

On Sunday 02 November 2003 11:52, [DaRk] wrote:
> I have enabled cpu scaling feature on my p4 but it doesn't run !!!
> If i enable old /proc/sys/cpu i found a directory 0 and in three files:
> speed
> speed-max
> speed-min
> All set to 0 !
> What i can do ? The test9 resolv this problem ?
> THANKS
>
> Stefano Cadario

1. Make sure, that 'userspace' cpufreq governor is compiled
(CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_USERSPACE) and the module cpufreq_userspace is loaded
(if not compiled in).
2. Refer to Documentation/cpu-freq/user-guide.txt
3. If still doesn't work, try different drivers (p4_clockmod, speedstep, ...)

Cheers
Szymon