2003-11-11 14:50:25

by Mark Watts

Subject: aacraid

2003-11-11 16:39:24

by Bill Davidsen

Subject: Re: aacraid

In article <[email protected]>,
Mark Watts <[email protected]> wrote:

| Are there any utilities available to query the aacraid driver for the status
| of its arrays? I've noticed messages get put into the syslog when drives
| fail, but it wouold be nice to get more info from the driver about its
| arrays.

For 2.4 there's the ipssend command, I doubt that IBM has ported it to
2.6, but whatever made it not work may be fixed, I haven't tried it in
some months, do try it yourself.

If this is useful info, please post back here the results. I have about
30 machines using this hardware, but none on which I can try a 2.6
kernel any more.
--
bill davidsen <[email protected]>
CTO, TMR Associates, Inc

by Matt Domsch

> Are there any utilities available to query the aacraid driver for the status
> of its arrays? I've noticed messages get put into the syslog when drives
> fail, but it wouold be nice to get more info from the driver about its
> arrays.

Please see http://domsch.com/linux/#aacraid
for links to such utilities by Adaptec.

Thanks,