2003-11-26 03:03:32

by hanasaki

Subject: via kt600 based motherboard compatibility

been looking and googling for hours... and haven't found a definitive
answer.

Anyone know if, and how well, the following is supported?

================
Asus A7V600
http://www.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=A7V600&langs=01
- ADI AD1980 audio sound
- eCom 3C940 gigabit ethernet
does it have a driver?
does it work on 10/100 too?

================
Soyo sy-kt600 Dragon+ v1.0
http://www.soyousa.com/products/proddesc.php?id=280
- VIA 1616 audio sound
- VIA VT6307 IEEE1394 - firewire
- chip? 10/100 ethernet

================
Soyo sy-kt600 Dragon Ultra Platinum
- CMI 8738 - audio sound
- kernel 2.4.x and 2.6 has support
- VT6306 Firewire 1394
- BCM5705K gigabit ethernet
does it have a driver?
does it work on 10/100 too?
- Silicon Image SIL3112 - SATA
- 8237 SATA/IDE
* yes it has both SATA chips and support 4 SATA

================
Gigabyte GA-7V600 1394
http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_Spec_GA-7VT600%201394.htm
- Realtek ALC655 sound
- VIA VT6306 IEEE1394 - firewire
- RTL8101L - Ethernet network
- IO - IT8705
- 8237 SATA/USB

*** what is the ordering of the sound chips, above, from best worst?
ADI AD1980
CMI 8738
VIA 1616
RT ALC655

*** notice the slightly different firewire chips
6307 vs 6306

Thank you all for your responses!

2003-11-26 06:36:11

by Florin Iucha

Subject: Re: via kt600 based motherboard compatibility

On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 09:03:28PM -0600, Hanasaki JiJi wrote:
> Asus A7V600
> http://www.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=A7V600&langs=01
> - ADI AD1980 audio sound
> - eCom 3C940 gigabit ethernet
> does it have a driver?
> does it work on 10/100 too?

Haven't tried the sound. The network works fine for me with 2.6.

I cannot get the USB to work. I gave up and got a PCI USB1.1 for my
keyboard and mouse.

I don't have hardware to test the serial ATA.

Cheers,
florin

--

Don't question authority: they don't know either!

Attachments:
(No filename) (525.00 B)
(No filename) (189.00 B)

by Marco d'Itri

On Nov 26, Hanasaki JiJi <[email protected]> wrote:

>Asus A7V600
>http://www.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=A7V600&langs=01
> - ADI AD1980 audio sound
> - eCom 3C940 gigabit ethernet
> does it have a driver?
> does it work on 10/100 too?
I bought this one two weeks ago. The gigaethernet port works well and
I'm using it at 10 Mbps half duplex with the sk98 driver. It has a built
in cable tester, but it's not supported by linux.
The sound card works too, but I had to transplant in my kernel an
updated driver from ALSA CVS. This is annoying because ALSA CVS cannot
easily be compiled standalone for a 2.6. kernel.
There are a few problems (currently being debugged) with the IDE adapter
if you do not use the APIC, be sure to enable it when building the
kernel.
I have no SATA hardware, but I remember reading that the controller is
supported.

--
ciao, |
Marco | [3290 l'48jB9jyWEdM]