2004-01-01 22:08:03

by Martin Loschwitz

Subject: ACPI and framebuffer related problems with Linux 2.6.1-rc1

Hi folks,

I'm writing this mail as I'm discovering ACPI and framebuffer related problems
on my Acer TravelMate 800LCi notebook with Linux 2.6.1-rc1. First, it's good
to see that the synaptics-patches from -mm made it into the mainstream kernel,
they are necessary to make the synaptics work together with XFree here.

However, there is a problem with ACPI: /proc/acpi/processor/CPU0/performance,
which was there in previous versions of the kernel and allowed me to slow the
CPU down in order to save power, disappeared in Linux 2.6.1-rc1. It's simply
not there anymore. Was it replaced? If so, what is the right way to do it by
now?

Secondly, there also is a framebuffer related problem. I have VesaFB in kern
and pass 'vga=791' to it at boot time. However, at the time when it switched
to FB in previous versions of Linux, the screen by now simply stays black.
Is this a known problem and if so is a fix available?

--
.''`. Martin Loschwitz Debian GNU/Linux developer
: :' : [email protected] [email protected]

Attachments:
(No filename) (1.15 kB)
signature.asc (189.00 B)
Digital signature

by James Simmons

> Secondly, there also is a framebuffer related problem. I have VesaFB in kern
> and pass 'vga=791' to it at boot time. However, at the time when it switched
> to FB in previous versions of Linux, the screen by now simply stays black.
> Is this a known problem and if so is a fix available?

First try my new patch.

http://phoenix.infradead.org/~jsimmons/fbdev.diff.gz

If that doesn't work send me your config file.