2004-01-05 22:35:04

by James Simmons

Subject: Re: 2.6.0: atyfb broken

> Hello,
>
> I have got an HP omnibook 4150B. When booting with atyfb,
> the kernel messages look great:
>
> atyfb: 3D RAGE Mobility (PCI) [0x4c4d rev 0x64] 8M SDRAM, 29.498928 MHz XTAL, 230 MHz PLL, 50 Mhz MCLK
> fb0: ATY Mach64 frame buffer device on PCI

Can you try my latest patch.

http://phoenix.infradead.org/~jsimmons/fbdev.diff.gz

2004-01-06 18:16:46

by Ralf Hildebrandt

* James Simmons <[email protected]>:

> Can you try my latest patch.
>
> http://phoenix.infradead.org/~jsimmons/fbdev.diff.gz

This patch did wonders for my laptop with neofb, for the FIRST TIME
since 2.5.x I get a usable FB when swithcing back from X11.

Great job!

atyfb at work, however got a nice blinking cursor, and when booting
the logo is fucked up and I've got some random chars on the screen.

Screenshot at request.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt (Im Auftrag des Referat V a) [email protected]
Charite - Universit?tsmedizin Berlin Tel. +49 (0)30-450 570-155

2004-01-07 01:01:24

by James Simmons

> > http://phoenix.infradead.org/~jsimmons/fbdev.diff.gz
>
> This patch did wonders for my laptop with neofb, for the FIRST TIME
> since 2.5.x I get a usable FB when swithcing back from X11.
>
> Great job!

Yeah!!!

> atyfb at work, however got a nice blinking cursor, and when booting
> the logo is fucked up and I've got some random chars on the screen.
>
> Screenshot at request.

please do. Also please send me info on the Mach64 card you have.