2004-01-08 15:30:13

by Andrea Merello

Subject: Oops in 2.6.1-rc1-mm2

When i stop to messing around with a sane backend and i disconnect the power
cord of my USB scanner, system generates a kernel oops (kernel
2.6.1-rc1-mm2).
I attach the oops log hoping be useful.

Merello Andrea

(No filename) (235.00 B)
oops (1.67 kB)

by Greg KH

Subject: Re: Oops in 2.6.1-rc1-mm2

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 04:29:20PM +0100, andreamrl wrote:
> When i stop to messing around with a sane backend and i disconnect the power
> cord of my USB scanner, system generates a kernel oops (kernel
> 2.6.1-rc1-mm2).
> I attach the oops log hoping be useful.

There seems to be a bug in the scanner driver, a number of people have
reported this :(

This driver isn't needed at all, just use xsane which uses libusb/usbfs
to talk to the scanner. That way no more oopses :)

Also, try sending this to the scanner driver maintainer, he's usually
quite responsive about these kinds of issues.

thanks,

greg k-h