2004-01-11 00:09:07

by Axel Siebenwirth

Subject: (fwd) Re: [2.6.1-mm2] ALSA sound/core/pcm_lib.c:224: Unexpected hw_pointer value

----- Forwarded message from Axel Siebenwirth <[email protected]> -----

From: Axel Siebenwirth <[email protected]>
To: Petri Koistinen <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 01:07:57 +0100

Hi Petri!

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004, Petri Koistinen wrote:

> > this is a (problem) report about warnings I get from my alsa kernel driver.
>
> > Modules Loaded ide_cd cdrom nvidia
>
> Do you see that problem if you don't load nvidia driver.

Yes. Just tried.

Just noticed that sound hangs for about a second only when I switch from X
server to virtual console.

Axel

Axel Siebenwirth phone +49 3641 776807 |
Am Birnstiel 3 axel at pearbough dot net |
07745 Jena |
Germany________________________________________________http://pearbough.net |

The good die young -- because they see it's no use living if you've got
to be good.
-- John Barrymore

----- End forwarded message -----

2004-01-12 15:45:16

by Takashi Iwai

At Sun, 11 Jan 2004 01:08:40 +0100,
Axel Siebenwirth wrote:

> ----- Forwarded message from Axel Siebenwirth <[email protected]> -----
>
> From: Axel Siebenwirth <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: [2.6.1-mm2] ALSA sound/core/pcm_lib.c:224: Unexpected hw_pointer value
> To: Petri Koistinen <[email protected]>
> Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 01:07:57 +0100
>
> Hi Petri!
>
> On Sun, 11 Jan 2004, Petri Koistinen wrote:
>
> > > this is a (problem) report about warnings I get from my alsa kernel driver.
> >
> > > Modules Loaded ide_cd cdrom nvidia
> >
> > Do you see that problem if you don't load nvidia driver.
>
> Yes. Just tried.
>
> Just noticed that sound hangs for about a second only when I switch from X
> server to virtual console.

it sounds like a typical case of the long interrupt disabling...

--
Takashi Iwai <[email protected]> ALSA Developer - http://www.alsa-project.org