2004-01-13 22:22:35

by martin f krafft

Subject: tapping on touchpad does not work anymore

Ever since I upgrade my ancient Latitude laptop to 2.6.x, I can't
tap on the touchpad to left-click anymore. Is this a known issue?
I am running 2.6.1 now.

martin; (greetings from the heart of the sun.)
\____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net@madduck

invalid/expired pgp subkeys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!

"the husbands of very beautiful women
belong to the criminal classes."
-- oscar wilde

Attachments:
(No filename) (500.00 B)
signature.asc (189.00 B)
Digital signature

by M C. S

Subject: Re: tapping on touchpad does not work anymore

I experienced the same, also with a Latitude....
MCS

> Ever since I upgrade my ancient Latitude laptop to 2.6.x, I can't
> tap on the touchpad to left-click anymore. Is this a known issue?
> I am running 2.6.1 now.
>
> Thanks,

2004-01-13 23:51:47

by Dmitry Torokhov

On Tuesday 13 January 2004 05:27 pm, M C. S wrote:
> I experienced the same, also with a Latitude....
> MCS
>
> > Ever since I upgrade my ancient Latitude laptop to 2.6.x, I can't
> > tap on the touchpad to left-click anymore. Is this a known issue?
> > I am running 2.6.1 now.
> >
> > Thanks,

If you need taps you will either have to install a native XFree Synaptics
driver (also provides scrolling, multi-finger and corner taps, etc) or
pass psmouse_proto=bare to psmouse module (or psmouse.psmouse_proto=bare
if compiled in). The name will be changed to psmouse.proto in later
releases.

Dmitry