2004-03-03 19:47:21

by Kai Engert

Subject: Update on ieee1394 trouble with latest 2.4.x

A couple of days ago I posted a report about my problems with ieee1394
mass storage devices to the list. Here is an update.

Meanwhile Ben Collins contacted me and recommend me to try out some sbp2
module options.

It turned out the "stall and timeout" problem can be suppressed by using
the sbp2_serialize_io=1 module param when loading module sbp2. This
works for me with several devices I have tested.

Regards,
Kai

2004-03-03 20:06:56

by Ben Collins

Subject: Re: Update on ieee1394 trouble with latest 2.4.x

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 08:45:42PM +0100, Kai Engert wrote:
> A couple of days ago I posted a report about my problems with ieee1394
> mass storage devices to the list. Here is an update.
>
> Meanwhile Ben Collins contacted me and recommend me to try out some sbp2
> module options.
>
> It turned out the "stall and timeout" problem can be suppressed by using
> the sbp2_serialize_io=1 module param when loading module sbp2. This
> works for me with several devices I have tested.

I think I may end up making this the default for this option in 2.4.

--
Debian - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/