2004-03-04 00:27:28

by Greg Norris

Subject: device-mapper: dm-linear: Device lookup failed

When I boot up under 2.6.3 or 2.6.4-rc1, I get several occurrences of
the message listed below. All of the filesystems are mounted
successfully, however, and I don't notice any problems once it's up.
Is this something I should be concerned about? If so, what do I need
to check?

kernel: device-mapper: dm-linear: Device lookup failed

I don't think I was getting this message under 2.6.2, but I'm not
absolutely certain. It will be a couple of days before I can reboot to
verify this.

root@yggdrasil[~]# vgdisplay
--- Volume group ---
VG Name vg1
System ID
Format lvm2
Metadata Areas 2
Metadata Sequence No 18
VG Access read/write
VG Status resizable
MAX LV 255
Cur LV 6
Open LV 6
Max PV 255
Cur PV 2
Act PV 2
VG Size 339.86 GB
PE Size 4.00 MB
Total PE 87005
Alloc PE / Size 25344 / 99.00 GB
Free PE / Size 61661 / 240.86 GB
VG UUID e1yP9B-IXPh-Ry51-BcIc-aved-0KsH-K67UWy

Attachments:
(No filename) (1.19 kB)
config-2.6.4-rc1 (24.11 kB)
Download all attachments