2004-03-10 23:58:57

by Jeremy D. May

Subject: nforce 2 chipset

Not sure if this is the right place to go for this, but maybe someone
could point me in the right direction.

system:

2500+ Athlon XP (barton)
NFource 2 Ultra 400 + MCP chipset (is a Shuttle AN35-Ultra400(latest bios
flash))
1.5 gigs PC2700
40 Gig Maxtor HD
80 Gig Seagate HD
CDRW
DVD
GF FX 5600XT
SB Live 5.1Digital

i installed debian and a fresh compile of 2.4.25, installed the backports
collection for XF86/gnome2 and all my software i like. it goes fine for a
bit. but then while playing any sound (mainly streaming mp3's and my own
mp3's(in xmms)) the machine would lockup and i would have to reboot. i
never had this problem in windows with the box so i was wondering if
anyone had any incite into this.

--jeremy

2004-03-11 04:55:45

by Niraj Kumar

Subject: Re: nforce 2 chipset

Look at :

http://atlas.et.tudelft.nl/verwei90/nforce2/index.html

Niraj

Jeremy D. May wrote:

>Not sure if this is the right place to go for this, but maybe someone
>could point me in the right direction.
>
>system:
>
>2500+ Athlon XP (barton)
>NFource 2 Ultra 400 + MCP chipset (is a Shuttle AN35-Ultra400(latest bios
>flash))
>1.5 gigs PC2700
>40 Gig Maxtor HD
>80 Gig Seagate HD
>CDRW
>DVD
>GF FX 5600XT
>SB Live 5.1Digital
>

>i installed debian and a fresh compile of 2.4.25, installed the backports
>collection for XF86/gnome2 and all my software i like. it goes fine for a
>bit. but then while playing any sound (mainly streaming mp3's and my own
>mp3's(in xmms)) the machine would lockup and i would have to reboot. i
>never had this problem in windows with the box so i was wondering if
>anyone had any incite into this.
>
>--jeremy
>-
>the body of a message to [email protected]

by Jeremy D. May

Thnx Man That should help alot!

--jeremy

> Look at :
>
> http://atlas.et.tudelft.nl/verwei90/nforce2/index.html
>
> Niraj
>
> Jeremy D. May wrote:
>
>>Not sure if this is the right place to go for this, but maybe someone
>>could point me in the right direction.
>>
>>system:
>>
>>2500+ Athlon XP (barton)
>>NFource 2 Ultra 400 + MCP chipset (is a Shuttle AN35-Ultra400(latest bios
>>flash))
>>1.5 gigs PC2700
>>40 Gig Maxtor HD
>>80 Gig Seagate HD
>>CDRW
>>DVD
>>GF FX 5600XT
>>SB Live 5.1Digital
>>

>>i installed debian and a fresh compile of 2.4.25, installed the backports
>>collection for XF86/gnome2 and all my software i like. it goes fine for a
>>bit. but then while playing any sound (mainly streaming mp3's and my own
>>mp3's(in xmms)) the machine would lockup and i would have to reboot. i
>>never had this problem in windows with the box so i was wondering if
>>anyone had any incite into this.
>>
>>--jeremy
>>-
>>To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel"
>> in
>>the body of a message to [email protected]
>>More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
>>Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
>>

> -

by backblue

Please search about "nforce2" and "a7n8x-x" in the LKML before your ask, maybe someone allready have that problem!