2004-04-15 11:27:08

by Pavel Machek

Subject: Re: 2.6.5-mm2 (swsusp not working and acpi problem) (fwd)

Hi!

> I tried updating from 2.6.4-rc1-mm2 to 2.6.5-mm2, and I found two
> problems:
>
> First, swsusp stopped working, I get a NULL pointer in
> _poke_blanked_console' after all the other things seem to be fine.

Its not in poke blanked console, its is in memorymanagment. Try latest -aa.

> I made a screenshot available under
> http://mh57.de/~martin/oops-part1.png and
> http://mh57.de/~martin/oops-part2.png

Hmm, someone should create "OCR for linux-kernel-mailinglist" project.

> This happens regardless of starting X or using the framebuffer. The
> hardware is an IBM Thinkpad T41p. In the screenshots above, the kernel
> is tainted from the madwifi module, but not loading it before did not
> change the oops.
>
> The kernel contains two more patches, linux-iscsi-kernel-4.0.1.3.patch
> and linux-2.6.3-mppe-mppc-0.99.patch.gz, but these two modules were not
> loaded before during my tests.

Really? Those taints look scary.
Pavel

[Johanka's followup: and *two* hearts?]

2004-04-15 11:37:53

by Martin Hermanowski

On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 01:26:52PM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > I tried updating from 2.6.4-rc1-mm2 to 2.6.5-mm2, and I found two
> > problems:
> >
> > First, swsusp stopped working, I get a NULL pointer in
> > _poke_blanked_console' after all the other things seem to be fine.
>
> Its not in poke blanked console, its is in memorymanagment. Try latest -aa.

I had tried -mm4 later, there it worked again. I'm sorry I forgot to
mention this here.

I'll try the latest -mm on the weekend.

LLAP, Martin

Attachments: