2004-04-26 15:12:29

by cranium2003

Subject: HELP ipt_hook: happy cracking message

hi,
i modified kernel so that it will create
/proc/net/myproc file entry.
the function of this entry is to crate a 16 byte char
string from random no.s
i used net_srandom and net_random and sys_time for
that puspose. the problem is that i write program to
generate string after 120 seconds but it is changing
contents of myproc file every seconds. what can i do?
Also i am getting ipt_hook: happy cracking. message
again and again why?
regards,
parag.

Yahoo! Photos: High-quality 4x6 digital prints for 25?
http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/print_splash

2004-04-27 03:33:59

by Rusty Russell

Subject: Re: HELP ipt_hook: happy cracking message

On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 01:12, Parag Nemade wrote:
> hi,
> i modified kernel so that it will create
> /proc/net/myproc file entry.
> the function of this entry is to crate a 16 byte char
> string from random no.s
> i used net_srandom and net_random and sys_time for
> that puspose. the problem is that i write program to
> generate string after 120 seconds but it is changing
> contents of myproc file every seconds. what can i do?
> Also i am getting ipt_hook: happy cracking. message
> again and again why?

You're sending out IP packets which don't even contain the IP header,
and you're running connection tracking or some filtering.

The message is not serious.

Rusty.
--
Anyone who quotes me in their signature is an idiot -- Rusty Russell

2004-04-27 19:02:25

by Willy Tarreau

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 08:12:20AM -0700, Parag Nemade wrote:
> hi,
> i modified kernel so that it will create
> /proc/net/myproc file entry.
> the function of this entry is to crate a 16 byte char
> string from random no.s
> i used net_srandom and net_random and sys_time for
> that puspose. the problem is that i write program to
> generate string after 120 seconds but it is changing
> contents of myproc file every seconds. what can i do?

may be you're sleeping for 120 instead of 120*HZ, which
means you're really sleeping 1.2s on x86.

> Also i am getting ipt_hook: happy cracking. message
> again and again why?

iptable_mangle.c comment reads 'root is playing with
raw sockets' above this message. It means that you're
sending too short IP packets (len < 20 bytes) or packets
with the IHL field < 5. It's just a harmless message.

Regards,
Willy

2004-04-30 07:40:57

by panemade

Subject: Re: Re: HELP ipt_hook: happy cracking message

hello,
Because of i increase icmp header by 8 bytes the next layer IP headers are not
fully added to skbuff that is they become short and i am repeatedly getting
ip_hook : happy cracking message
so where can i modify the total size of alloc_skb to satisfy my constraints
for icmp header?
i got one reference mail that some person has done adding his own header to
ping packet and send it to other machine.he actually added that successfully.
i am unable to contact him. might be his email address has been changed.
regards,
parag.