2004-04-29 03:03:14

by whitehorse

dear Sir,
I have a problem in compiling kernel 2.6.4 from kernel 2.4.19. I use
Debian woody. When I rebooting new kernel, some message occur such:
"modprobe: QM_MODULES: function not implemented"
and I can't load my modules when boot. I would like to waiting any one who
answer this. Please send to this mail. Thanks

Best regards,

Hafid
Indonesia

2004-04-29 03:22:46

by Kenneth Aafløy

Subject: Re: Upgrading to 2.6 from Debian Woody (Was: No Subject)

On Thursday 29 April 2004 05:03, [email protected] wrote:
> ?I have a problem in compiling kernel 2.6.4 from kernel 2.4.19. I use
> ?Debian woody. When I rebooting new kernel, some message occur such:
> ?"modprobe: QM_MODULES: function not implemented"
> ?and I can't load my modules when boot. I would like to waiting any one who
> ?answer this. Please send to this mail. Thanks

I bet your problems would be solved by upgrading your dist to sid, as woody is
pretty old, and does not contain the all the fixes in sid. Although I could
be wrong, and all your troubles might be solved by a 'apt-get install
modules-init-tools', in any case it is you distribution that is the problem,
not the linux kernel, so please report this to the appropriate mailing list
or support forum.

Another point would be that this is really a distribuition problem, and
usually is solved by searching the appriopriate mailing list or forum.

Kenneth

2004-04-29 03:22:08

by Jon

Subject: Re: your mail

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 11:03:08PM -0400, [email protected] wrote:
> dear Sir,
> I have a problem in compiling kernel 2.6.4 from kernel 2.4.19. I use
> Debian woody. When I rebooting new kernel, some message occur such:
> "modprobe: QM_MODULES: function not implemented"
> and I can't load my modules when boot. I would like to waiting any one who
> answer this. Please send to this mail. Thanks
>
> Best regards,
>
> Hafid
> Indonesia

You need to install module-init-tools which is not in Debian Woody
A backport of it for x86 machines is here
http://www.backports.org/debian/dists/woody/module-init-tools/
--
Jon
http://tesla.resnet.mtu.edu