2004-06-07 08:38:21

by Timothy Webster

Subject: Porting cpqhealth to v2.6

Has anyone ported the compaq/hp Proliant health drivers to
the 2.6 kernel?

Thanks to Kianusch Sayah Karadji, I have a nice build script
http://www.sk-tech.net/support/HPrpm2deb.sh.html

But these cpqhealth modules only work for 2.4 kernels.

The driver source is available from
ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/servers/supportsoftware/linux/
hpasm-7.1.0-xx.xxx.i386.rpm

The modules that need to be ported from2.4 to 2.6 are
opt/compaq/cpqhealth/{cmhp,cqpasm,cpqevt}

-thanks in advance.

Timothy Webster

Outblaze Ltd.

2004-06-07 09:12:27

by Dave Jones

Subject: Re: Porting cpqhealth to v2.6

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 04:38:09PM +0800, Timothy Webster wrote:

> The driver source is available from
> ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/servers/supportsoftware/linux/
> hpasm-7.1.0-xx.xxx.i386.rpm

This isn't driver source, but a binary object + wrapper.
You could port the wrapper, but who knows if it'll work or not..

Dave

2004-06-07 12:46:23

by Ian Kent

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004, Dave Jones wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 04:38:09PM +0800, Timothy Webster wrote:
>
> > The driver source is available from
> > ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/servers/supportsoftware/linux/
> > hpasm-7.1.0-xx.xxx.i386.rpm
>
> This isn't driver source, but a binary object + wrapper.
> You could port the wrapper, but who knows if it'll work or not..

And where's the HP representation I wonder?

Ian