2004-06-13 17:13:56

by Simon Richard Grint

Subject: Compile failure

Dear all

I have just downloaded the most recent bk snapshot of 2.6.7rc3 and
it fails to compile, instead producing the error:
UPD include/linux/compile.h
CC init/version.o
LD init/built-in.o
LD .tmp_vmlinux1
drivers/built-in.o(.text+0xa5c72): In function ci_initialize':
: undefined reference to PSB_WARNING'
make: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1

The linking error seems to stem from a newly implemented
packet size check in the ohci_initialize function of
drivers/ieee1394/ohci1394.c not having defined HPSB_WARNING
before use.

Regards

sr

2004-06-13 20:04:04

by Ben Collins

Subject: Re: Compile failure

On Sun, Jun 13, 2004 at 06:10:35PM +0100, Simon Richard Grint wrote:
> Dear all
>
> I have just downloaded the most recent bk snapshot of 2.6.7rc3 and
> it fails to compile, instead producing the error:
> UPD include/linux/compile.h
> CC init/version.o
> LD init/built-in.o
> LD .tmp_vmlinux1
> drivers/built-in.o(.text+0xa5c72): In function ci_initialize':
> : undefined reference to PSB_WARNING'
> make: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1
>
> The linking error seems to stem from a newly implemented
> packet size check in the ohci_initialize function of
> drivers/ieee1394/ohci1394.c not having defined HPSB_WARNING
> before use.

Fixed. bk pull request sent to Linus/Andrew already.

--
Debian - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/