2004-06-14 18:45:24

by Dmitry Torokhov

Subject: Can we please keep correct date when doing bk checkins?

Hi,

I noticed that while the sysfs_rename_dir-cleanup changeset was checked
in on May 14, 2004 dathes on the touched files read 2004/10/06 which is
obviously incorrect.

It would be great if bk users keep their clocks somewhat reasonable
synced.

Dmitry

2004-06-14 19:35:14

by Dave Jones

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 11:45:23AM -0700, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:

> I noticed that while the sysfs_rename_dir-cleanup changeset was checked
> in on May 14, 2004 dathes on the touched files read 2004/10/06 which is
> obviously incorrect.

What makes you think this is incorrect ?
It's possible whoever checked in that change did it in their repo
on May 14th, and then Linus pulled the change into his tree on the
10th June, which would alter the timestamp.

Dave

2004-06-14 19:39:38

by Maneesh Soni

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 06:52:18PM +0000, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that while the sysfs_rename_dir-cleanup changeset was checked
> in on May 14, 2004 dathes on the touched files read 2004/10/06 which is
> obviously incorrect.
>
> It would be great if bk users keep their clocks somewhat reasonable
> synced.
>
> Dmitry

Hi Dimtry,

It was actually my blunder.. I noticed the change in date after 2-3 days, but
by that time I have already sent 3-4 mails. Though I didn't checked in to
bk directly, but probably the wrong date propogated through Greg's merges.
I am sorry for that.. I know I have created confusions for lot many others.

Maneesh

--
Maneesh Soni
Linux Technology Center,

2004-06-14 19:43:30

by Maneesh Soni

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 08:34:15PM +0100, Dave Jones wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 11:45:23AM -0700, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
>
> > I noticed that while the sysfs_rename_dir-cleanup changeset was checked
> > in on May 14, 2004 dathes on the touched files read 2004/10/06 which is
> > obviously incorrect.
>
> What makes you think this is incorrect ?
> It's possible whoever checked in that change did it in their repo
> on May 14th, and then Linus pulled the change into his tree on the
> 10th June, which would alter the timestamp.
>
> Dave

It is incorrect as the date is 6th Oct and not 10th June :-(.. I didn't
know that it error will affect bk changelogs..

Maneesh

--
Maneesh Soni
Linux Technology Center,