2004-06-17 05:31:52

by jurriaan

Subject: color corruption (white becomes pink) in 16 bpp radeonfb

when used at 16 bpp, any white in the picture becomes pink when using
fbi to view some .jpgs on the console.
This didn't happen with 2.6.7-rc3-mm2.

It also affects the bootup-penguins: there's a black background, and
only a pink silhouette inside.

Kernel command line: root=/dev/md3 video=radeonfb:1600x1200-16@85

Jurriaan
--
8) "Marketing Statistics": How to claim 99% of the people sent your
spam LIKED it because only 10 people out of 1000 complained, (even

2004-06-17 05:40:26

by jurriaan

From: Jurriaan <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 07:31:37AM +0200
> when used at 16 bpp, any white in the picture becomes pink when using
> fbi to view some .jpgs on the console.
> This didn't happen with 2.6.7-rc3-mm2.
>
> It also affects the bootup-penguins: there's a black background, and
> only a pink silhouette inside.
>
> Kernel command line: root=/dev/md3 video=radeonfb:1600x1200-16@85

Somehow, this seems linked to my other corruption problem. I just
rebooted 2.6.7 with David Eger's corruption-fix patch, and both fbi and
scrolling work fine @ 32 bpp. Perhaps 16 bpp itself is broken in some
way. However, 16bpp was working in 2.6.7-rc3-mm2.

Jurriaan
--
I do not want people to be agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them.
Debian (Unstable) GNU/Linux 2.6.7 2x6078 bogomips load 0.09