2004-09-06 18:10:48

by Horst H. von Brand

Subject: Re: silent semantic changes with reiser4

Tonnerre <[email protected]> said:

[...]

> I can already see people moving to FreeBSD if this gets implemented
> into the kernel...

If it works better for them, great! It is after all a free world. If it
turns out via *BSD/MacOS XIX/Windows 2010/... that it is really useful, we
can add it to Linux. Linux is _not_ in a feeping creaturitis race, thank
you very much.

by Tonnerre

Salut,

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 02:08:15PM -0400, Horst von Brand wrote:
> Tonnerre <[email protected]> said:
> > I can already see people moving to FreeBSD if this gets implemented
> > into the kernel...
>
> If it works better for them, great! It is after all a free world. If it
> turns out via *BSD/MacOS XIX/Windows 2010/... that it is really useful, we
> can add it to Linux. Linux is _not_ in a feeping creaturitis race, thank
> you very much.

Please read again what I just said. I'm against implementing it,
because it is creeping featurism. On the contrary, I said that people
might actually change to a less complicated/bloated OS (Whereas I
would choose NetBSD over FreeBSD, but that's another story).

So you say the wrong things at the wrong people.

Tonnerre

Attachments:
(No filename) (795.00 B)
signature.asc (189.00 B)