2004-10-05 05:01:05

by Ankit Jain

Subject: Heavy load of graphics

hi

well i am using linux 9.0 kernel 2.4 ver. 128 Mb RAM

i have seen not only on this sytem but the other one
having 512 Mb RAM the most of the memory is lost or
taken by graphics or xserver. on my system around 90%
is occupied by the xsever and on the sys with 512 Mb
RAM around 70% is occupied. how to reduce this load. i
oculd not get any article or stuff relate to this . if
we can do something in kernel or in some way reduce
this load while working in GUI envt

thanks

Ankit

by Michelle Konzack

Subject: Re: Heavy load of graphics

Am 2004-10-05 06:01:00, schrieb Ankit Jain:
> hi
>
> well i am using linux 9.0 kernel 2.4 ver. 128 Mb RAM

What is Linux 9.0 ???

Linux = Kernel = 2.4/2.6

9.0 = SuSE, RedHat, Mandrake ???

> i have seen not only on this sytem but the other one
> having 512 Mb RAM the most of the memory is lost or
> taken by graphics or xserver. on my system around 90%
> is occupied by the xsever and on the sys with 512 Mb
> RAM around 70% is occupied. how to reduce this load. i

This is normaly, because Linux use the Memory very efficient.

> oculd not get any article or stuff relate to this . if
> we can do something in kernel or in some way reduce
> this load while working in GUI envt

No, because this will slow down Linux.

> thanks
>
> Ankit