2004-10-11 11:49:06

by Christian Hesse

Subject: Software Suspend with ck

Hello!

Con Kolivas repoted this to work for him, but he also told me he's
clutching at straws since his swsusp knowledge is small and
Pavel Machek explained freeing memory is basically vm code he only
calls. So I post this here everybody can read it.

Trying to suspend an ck-kernel results in the system hanging while freeing
memory. This behavior is caused by Staircase scheduler. Sane 2.6.9-rc{3,4}
works fine.

Any chance to get it working? Let me know if you need more inforamtion.

--
Christian Hesse

geek by nature
linux by choice

Attachments:
(No filename) (547.00 B)
(No filename) (190.00 B)

by Christian Hesse

Subject: Re: Software Suspend with ck

On Monday 11 October 2004 13:48, Christian Hesse wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Con Kolivas repoted this to work for him, but he also told me he's
> clutching at straws since his swsusp knowledge is small and
> Pavel Machek explained freeing memory is basically vm code he only
> calls. So I post this here everybody can read it.
>
> Trying to suspend an ck-kernel results in the system hanging while freeing
> memory. This behavior is caused by Staircase scheduler. Sane 2.6.9-rc{3,4}
> works fine.
>
> Any chance to get it working? Let me know if you need more inforamtion.

If anybody is interested: Suspend works just fine with 2.6.9-rc4-ck2.

--
Christian Hesse

geek by nature
linux by choice