2004-11-06 10:49:40

by Nick Sanders

Subject: Problem burning Audio CDs

Hi,

I've got problem with burning audio cds using k3b with 2.6.9 onwards. It gets
about 22% through and then cdrecord hangs saying '/usr/bin/cdrecord: Caught
interrupt.'

2.6.7 works fine and I couldn't test 2.6.8.

I noticed that the CPU usage is alot higher in the caes where it fails

Buring data CDs and DVDs works fine.

I have also just noticed audio cd ripping doesn't work.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Regards

Nick Sanders

Attachments:
(No filename) (446.00 B)
dmesg (11.87 kB)

by Måns Rullgård

Subject: Re: Problem burning Audio CDs

Nick Sanders <[email protected]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I've got problem with burning audio cds using k3b with 2.6.9
> onwards. It gets about 22% through and then cdrecord hangs saying
> '/usr/bin/cdrecord: Caught interrupt.'
>
> 2.6.7 works fine and I couldn't test 2.6.8.
>
> I noticed that the CPU usage is alot higher in the caes where it fails
>
> Buring data CDs and DVDs works fine.
>
> I have also just noticed audio cd ripping doesn't work.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem?

Seems to work here running 2.6.9 using a NEC DVD writer.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd

by Nick Sanders

On Saturday 06 November 2004 10:49, Nick Sanders wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got problem with burning audio cds using k3b with 2.6.9 onwards. It
> gets about 22% through and then cdrecord hangs saying '/usr/bin/cdrecord:
> Caught interrupt.'
>
> 2.6.7 works fine and I couldn't test 2.6.8.

On further investigation it is the cdrecord option '-text' that causes the
hang (but not with 2.6.7). Any ideas?

> I noticed that the CPU usage is alot higher in the caes where it fails
>
> Buring data CDs and DVDs works fine.
>
> I have also just noticed audio cd ripping doesn't work.

cd audio ripping doesn't work in 2.6.7 either the following is logged when I
try 'kernel: cdrom: dropping to single frame dma' and cdda2wav says
'EnableCdda_cooked (CDIOCSETCDDA) is not available...'

2004-11-10 00:07:17

by Bill Davidsen

Nick Sanders wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got problem with burning audio cds using k3b with 2.6.9 onwards. It gets
> about 22% through and then cdrecord hangs saying '/usr/bin/cdrecord: Caught
> interrupt.'
>
> 2.6.7 works fine and I couldn't test 2.6.8.
>
> I noticed that the CPU usage is alot higher in the caes where it fails
>
> Buring data CDs and DVDs works fine.
>
> I have also just noticed audio cd ripping doesn't work.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem?

Are you going direct or using ide-scsi?

--
-bill davidsen ([email protected])

by Nick Sanders

On Wednesday 10 November 2004 00:10, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> Nick Sanders wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've got problem with burning audio cds using k3b with 2.6.9 onwards. It
> > gets about 22% through and then cdrecord hangs saying '/usr/bin/cdrecord:
> > Caught interrupt.'
> >
> > 2.6.7 works fine and I couldn't test 2.6.8.
> >
> > I noticed that the CPU usage is alot higher in the caes where it fails
> >
> > Buring data CDs and DVDs works fine.
> >
> > I have also just noticed audio cd ripping doesn't work.
> >
> > Has anyone else had this problem?
>
> Are you going direct or using ide-scsi?

it's using ide-cd (compiled in) I haven't tried with ide-scsi. It seems that
without the cdrecord option '-text' it doesn't hang.