2004-11-07 13:36:27

by Florian Schirmer

Subject: kbuild: make O=/build/dir broken

Hi,

i tried to build a kernel outside the src dir using <src dir>/make O=<build
dir>. This failed because of

1. scripts/kbuild/zconf.tab.c not available in the <src dir>
2. usr/initramfs_list not available in the <build dir>

After copying the files by hand it worked. Something wrong on my side? I'm
using 2.6.10-rc1.

Thanks,
Florian

Attachments:
(No filename) (342.00 B)
(No filename) (189.00 B)

by Sam Ravnborg

Subject: Re: kbuild: make O=/build/dir broken

On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 02:36:08PM +0100, Florian Schirmer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i tried to build a kernel outside the src dir using <src dir>/make O=<build
> dir>. This failed because of

Checked with -mm and latest from Linus with no problems. I have not tested
-rc1.

> 1. scripts/kbuild/zconf.tab.c not available in the <src dir>
You need zconf.tab.c_shipped in src dir. Maybe it was not checked out?

> 2. usr/initramfs_list not available in the <build dir>
Old bug fixed some time ago.

Upgrade to latest 2.6.10 - you need to fetch daily snapshots.

Sam

2004-11-21 13:36:04

by Florian Schirmer

Hi,

> Old bug fixed some time ago.
>
> Upgrade to latest 2.6.10 - you need to fetch daily snapshots.

Confirmed. Upgraded to -rc2 and both problem are fixed. Thanks for your help!

Best,
Florian

Attachments:
(No filename) (198.00 B)