2004-11-10 13:34:33

by Diego

Subject: Begginer need help 2.6

Sorry bothering but somebody can help me, i need to know if exist in
kernel a variable ou something that can inform the CPU idle time (like
top informs) and where is it, so i can use it.

Thanks a lot.

2004-11-10 14:04:45

by HoWE

Subject: Re: Begginer need help 2.6

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:32:52 -0300, Diego <[email protected]> wrote:
> Sorry bothering but somebody can help me, i need to know if exist in
> kernel a variable ou something that can inform the CPU idle time (like
> top informs) and where is it, so i can use it.

an answer to this most certainly exists in the archives already.

take a look in /usr/src/linux-2.6.X/Documentation/filesystems/proc.txt,
search for /proc/stat

2004-11-11 19:47:51

by Tonnerre

Salut,

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 10:32:52AM -0300, Diego wrote:
> Sorry bothering but somebody can help me, i need to know if exist in
> kernel a variable ou something that can inform the CPU idle time (like
> top informs) and where is it, so i can use it.

You mean, a possibility to let a job take all CPU idle time? Set its
prio to SCHED_BATCH.

Tonnerre