2004-11-12 11:23:58

by Karel Kulhavy

Subject: MODULE_PARM_DESC

Hello

I have discovered that (at least some) modules have MODULE_PARM_DESC
defined.

Is this intended to be displayed somehow by userspace tools (like
modprobe --show-description, but nothing like this exists)? If yes, how
can I have this written out for an arbitrary module?

Cl<

2004-11-12 11:30:53

by Arjan van de Ven

Subject: Re: MODULE_PARM_DESC

On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 11:23 +0000, Karel Kulhavy wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have discovered that (at least some) modules have MODULE_PARM_DESC
> defined.
>
> Is this intended to be displayed somehow by userspace tools (like
> modprobe --show-description, but nothing like this exists)? If yes, how
> can I have this written out for an arbitrary module?

yes; use the "modinfo" program not modprobe...