2004-11-20 14:45:48

by Nico Schottelius

Subject: ITE8212 - iteraid inclusion | general ide raid question

Hello!

I am wondering, whether support for the ide atapi (raid/normal)
controllers will be merged into 2.6?

ITE offers GPLed source code from their website, so their should be no
problem imho.

Another question: Why are the IDE Raids listed below
SCSI support in menuconfig? Doesn't it make sense to
open a new point 'IDE Raid Controller' or add them to
the general ide section?

And why are ide raid controllers using scsi namespace /dev/sd*?

I am a bit confused about that.

Thanks for any information,

Nico

Attachments:
(No filename) (514.00 B)
(No filename) (827.00 B)

by Alan

On Sad, 2004-11-20 at 14:46, Nico Schottelius wrote:
> I am wondering, whether support for the ide atapi (raid/normal)
> controllers will be merged into 2.6?

It's supported in 2.6.9-ac, as an IDE device. For 2.6.x it appears it
will be 2.6.11 or later as it waits on core changes.

2004-11-27 04:56:00

by James Tabor

Alan Cox wrote:
> On Sad, 2004-11-20 at 14:46, Nico Schottelius wrote:
>
>>I am wondering, whether support for the ide atapi (raid/normal)
>>controllers will be merged into 2.6?
>

> It's supported in 2.6.9-ac, as an IDE device. For 2.6.x it appears it
> will be 2.6.11 or later as it waits on core changes.

Oh wow!
I was hoping for 2.6.10!
Well no problem anyway.
James