2005-01-01 07:13:12

by Mike Houston

Subject: Re: Kernel 2.6.10 Can't Open Initial Console on FC3

Hello,

It is because you need to use an initrd. Your device nodes in
FC3 are being managed by udev, and you otherwise won't have a
/dev/console or /dev/hda at that stage of the boot. There's also the
matter of LVM, if your root partition is a logical volume. Another
reason you might need an initrd.

Your mkinitrd script in FC3 will take care of these matters for you.

Mike