2005-02-17 14:42:08

by Fao, Sean

Subject: Netfilter: TARPIT Target

I wanted to use the TARPIT target provided by Netfilter, but I am unable
to find the module in the kernel. Has it been removed or am I looking
in the wrong place?

Thank you in advance,

--
Sean E. Fao

2005-02-17 14:51:29

by Max Kellermann

Subject: Re: Netfilter: TARPIT Target

On 2005/02/17 15:41, "Fao, Sean" <[email protected]> wrote:
> I wanted to use the TARPIT target provided by Netfilter, but I am unable
> to find the module in the kernel. Has it been removed or am I looking
> in the wrong place?

It is not in the mainstream kernel yet. You can find it in
netfilter patch-o-matic:

http://ftp.netfilter.org/pub/patch-o-matic-ng/snapshot/

Max

2005-02-17 14:51:30

by Massimo Cetra

http://www.netfilter.org/patch-o-matic/pom-extra.html#pom-extra-TARPIT

TARPIT is in the extra repository.
Use patch-o-matic to patch both kernel and iptables source.

Regards,
Max

2005-02-17 14:56:27

by Fao, Sean

Massimo Cetra wrote:

> [...]

That would explain it. Than you much!

--
Sean

2005-02-17 15:29:33

by Fao, Sean

Where are those nonsense (base64) messages from [email protected] coming
from after I post?

--
Sean E. Fao

2005-02-17 16:41:05

by Lee Revell

On Thu, 2005-02-17 at 10:27 -0500, Fao, Sean wrote:
> Where are those nonsense (base64) messages from [email protected] coming
> from after I post?

Looks like a new spammer tactic. They have progressed from spoofing
emails from real LKML posters to sending spam replies to actual threads.

Lee

2005-02-19 09:34:19

by Harald Welte

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 09:41:47AM -0500, Fao, Sean wrote:
> I wanted to use the TARPIT target provided by Netfilter, but I am unable
> to find the module in the kernel. Has it been removed or am I looking
> in the wrong place?

1) it has never been in the mainstream kernel
2) the netfilter project doesn't support it's dangerous protocol abuse
and will therefor never submit it into the mainline kernel
3) as compromise with the authors, we included it to be part of the
patch-o-matic-ng patchset, available from http://www.netfilter.org/

--
- Harald Welte <[email protected]> http://www.gnumonks.org/
(ETSI EN 300 175-7 Ch. A6)