2005-02-24 18:19:53

by Axel Weiß

Subject: Question: warnings about undefined symbols in splitted external modules

Hi,

I have splitted a device driver for a dsp-board into two separate
modules. One of them does export some symbols for the other module and
gets loaded first, so there's no problem loading the second module.

But compilation of the second module shows warnings:
*** Warning: "<symbol>" [<path-to-module>.ko] undefined!

What should I do to get rid of these warnings? Is there a way to tell the
second module about symbols in the first one (something like
IMPORT_SYMBOL)?

Regards,
Axel

--