2005-02-26 21:47:49

by Melkor Ainur

Subject: userspace app needing signal on parport input change

Hello,

Is there a way for a user space app to get a signal or
maybe woken up from select/read when there is a change
on a particular input pin on the parallel port?

Thanks.

http://mail.yahoo.com

2005-02-27 02:56:33

by Bodo Eggert

Melkor Ainur <[email protected]> wrote:

> Is there a way for a user space app to get a signal or
> maybe woken up from select/read when there is a change
> on a particular input pin on the parallel port?

The easiest hack I can think of is: Change the db9-driver to be freely
configurable and make yourself a zero-axis 13-button "joystick".

http://www.infonewsindia.com/pinout/ibmlpt.txt might help for the pin
assignment. I guess you don't need it, but maybe some other vicolunteer does.