2005-02-28 18:44:17

by Jan Niehusmann

Subject: key bounce problem with 2.6.11-rc5

Hi,

since I upgraded my ASUS M2400N laptop from 2.6.10 to 2.6.11-rc5, I got
an annoying key bounce problem. I'm not sure if it's purely a kernel
problem, because it seems to occur only in xwindows, but booting back to
2.6.10 made the bouncing disappear, and 2.6.11-rc5 seems to contain
some changes to the keyboard driver.

It looks like the sequence of events is the following:

Usually, when I press a key, the char shows up on the screen
immediately. But sometimes, the char does not show up until I press a
second key, and in that moment, the first char shows up twice, together
with the second one. (But I may be wrong with that observation, because
the sequence of events is really fast - it's more like an impression
than a real observation)

What can I do to help debugging that problem? Are there certain -rc
versions between 2.6.10 and 2.6.11-rc5 you want me to try out?

Yours,
Jan