2005-03-04 05:00:57

by Christophe Lucas

Subject: 2.6.11 compilation problem.

Hi,

Sorry if I waste your time, but I would recompile my kernel with this
version, and when it was time to DRM, compilation dead.
Perhaps I say mistakes, but it seems drivers/char/drm/gamma.h is not
present, which is needed by other parts such as gamma_drv.c

Perhaps, it is my .config which is faulty :-( if it is : sorry.

~Christophe

Attachments:
(No filename) (339.00 B)
config-2.6.8-2-686 (54.10 kB)

by Dave Jones

Subject: Re: 2.6.11 compilation problem.

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 08:39:33PM +0100, Christophe Lucas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry if I waste your time, but I would recompile my kernel with this
> version, and when it was time to DRM, compilation dead.
> Perhaps I say mistakes, but it seems drivers/char/drm/gamma.h is not
> present, which is needed by other parts such as gamma_drv.c
>
> Perhaps, it is my .config which is faulty :-( if it is : sorry.
> CONFIG_BROKEN=y
> CONFIG_BROKEN_ON_SMP=y

You told the kernel to try and compile broken drivers.
They broke. End of story.

Dave