2005-04-15 11:33:53

by Maciej Sołtysiak

Subject: where is current kernel ?

Hi,

Is there currently a kernel tree that Linus is working ?
I mean, now that we have 2.6.12-rc2 not being
developed with BK, is that code getting fixes and other patches
as we speak or the development will continue in a while someplace
else ?

Regards,
Maciej

2005-04-15 19:10:00

by Petr Baudis

Subject: Re: where is current kernel ?

Dear diary, on Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 01:33:45PM CEST, I got a letter
where Maciej Soltysiak <[email protected]> told me that...
> Hi,

Hello,

> Is there currently a kernel tree that Linus is working ?
> I mean, now that we have 2.6.12-rc2 not being
> developed with BK, is that code getting fixes and other patches
> as we speak or the development will continue in a while someplace
> else ?

Linus stopped merging stuff to his kernel for few days in order to
develop his (at least temporary) alternative to BK, called "git".
See the mailing list archives for details.

Kind regards,

--
Petr "Pasky" Baudis
Stuff: http://pasky.or.cz/

2005-04-15 19:15:08

by Tom Duffy

From: Petr Baudis <[email protected]>
> Linus stopped merging stuff to his kernel for few days in order to
> develop his (at least temporary) alternative to BK, called "git".
> See the mailing list archives for details.

I have received many GIT commits recently to the old bk-commits mailing list.

-tduffy

2005-04-15 19:17:15

by Petr Baudis

Subject: Re: Re: where is current kernel ?

Dear diary, on Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 09:15:00PM CEST, I got a letter
where [email protected] told me that...
> From: Petr Baudis <[email protected]>
> > Linus stopped merging stuff to his kernel for few days in order to
> > develop his (at least temporary) alternative to BK, called "git".
> > See the mailing list archives for details.
>
> I have received many GIT commits recently to the old bk-commits mailing list.

And they are clearly marked as "GIT testing". It isn't nothing official
and they can go away randomly - they are mainly for testing git and they
are not guaranteed to stay around. :-)